The Motor Sports Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2007, 07:29:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
7181 Posts in 7092 Topics by 90 Members
Latest Member: Rulietta
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Motor Sports Forum
|-+  The Motor Sports Forum
| |-+  Racing News and Notes
| | |-+  Racing Business and Issues
| | | |-+  PR: VETERAN PUBLICIST JOINS STAFF OF BANKS POWER
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PR: VETERAN PUBLICIST JOINS STAFF OF BANKS POWER  (Read 50 times)
Dusty Brandel
RIS Editor
Racing commentor

« on: August 07, 2007, 11:45:23 AM »

VETERAN PUBLICIST JOINS STAFF OF BANKS POWER

Azusa, CA - - (August 7, 2007)  Gale Banks has announced that  Doug Stokes has joined the staff at Banks Power in Azusa in the position of  Corporate Publicist. 

“We’re very pleased to have Doug coming on board with us, I’ve known him for many years now and have always admired his work with the press and public,”  said company President Gale Banks.  “We’re very much looking forward to his being on staff here.  Stokes’ wide background in motoring and motorsports is a great plus, and his enthusiasm is contagious.”

“Gale Banks both as a person and as a ‘brand’ is another word for class in my book,”  Stokes commented,  “The products that he designs and manufactures are not just good, not just OK … but the very best.  And Gale the person is the same.  I’m excited about my new task of getting the word out about the products, but even more so because I’ll be working with the great team of top people that he’s assembled.”

Stokes will interface with all forms of the media in his new post as well as providing content for a number of websites that deal with the different services offered by Banks’ company.  “One of my main objectives will be to present and promote Gale himself as an on-air and in-print authority on a number of automotive subjects, foremost among them the intense interest in clean, renewable, diesel power, and other high-performance disciplines that are environmentally friendly,” Stokes explained. 

“I want news organizations across the country to know that we have a ‘GEARHEAD’ president who lives hot cars and trucks, but who lives in the real world too.  Gale Banks is an outstanding spokesperson for the new high performance movement that can be fun and earth-friendly at the same time!”

Stokes’ own resume includes some 30 years as a professional in PR/Marketing field working with organizations such as the International Kart Federation, the Mickey Thompson Entertainment Group, Perris Auto Speedway, the Chevy-Geo Outdoors Program, Suzuki Racing, and, most recently Irwindale Speedway.

BANKS BACKGROUND:  First and foremost, Banks Power is an engineering firm. Established in 1958, it has grown to 200+ employees on a 12-acre campus. The mechanical engineering department, staffed with world-class automotive people, designs, constructs and tests the latest high-performance equipment. In the race shop, Banks’ special project vehicles feature cutting-edge diesel and gasoline development, multiple turbo applications, mind-boggling horsepower, exciting new innovations, and head-turning style. 

Banks Engineering is a firm that other companies seek out  for advanced research and development projects which involve both product feasibility as well as image-generating media attention.  The company’s ultimate commitment to quality is clearly demonstrated in its manufacturing division where every product wearing the Banks badge is made to its own exacting specifications. 

Located just East of Los Angeles in Azusa, California, Banks Power high-performance products are used by motorists around the world who require the very best in power and reliability.

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:   Doug Stokes (626) 969-9600 X 6200
www.bankspower.com

Dusty Brandel
Women's Editor
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: