The Motor Sports Forum
December 01, 2008, 12:28:40 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please excuse the dust.  Our previous install was hacked and we've now moved up to the latest security-enhanced version of the software.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: YATES RACING - Menard to Drive No. 98 Fusion in 2008  (Read 45 times)
RIS-Ron Fleshman
Administrator

« on: November 25, 2008, 08:43:23 AM »

Yates Racing is pleased to announce Paul Menard as the driver of the No. 98 Menards Ford Fusion in 2009 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series competition. Following his first full season in the Sprint Cup Series, Menard finished 26th in the point standings, while earning his first career pole at Daytona International Speedway and his first career top-five finish at Talladega Superspeedway.

"I’m really looking forward to starting this new chapter of my life with Yates Racing and behind the wheel of the No. 98 Ford Fusion,” said Menard. “The No. 98 has been to victory lane 25 times, many times with Marvin Panch and Lee Roy Yarbrough. It’s exciting to be starting with Max (Jones) and Doug (Yates), and having Larry Carter on the box making the calls. I’ve seen how solid the Roush/Yates engine program has been over the years and I know we can have a really good season in the No. 98 Menards Ford Fusion.”

Helping Menard make the transition to Yates Racing and Ford Motor Company will be veteran crew chief Larry Carter. Carter comes to Yates Racing from Roush Fenway Racing, where in 2008 he helped Jamie McMurray earn four top five and 11 top-10 finishes. Prior to working with McMurray, Carter worked with veteran driver Rusty Wallace in his final season of Sprint Cup racing.

Yates Racing co-owner Max Jones is pleased with the addition of the No. 98 to the team's racing stable. “Paul is a focused and determined young man. His efforts combined with the strength and compatibility of our sponsor partners, and with Ford, will take him to new levels,” Jones said.

About Yates Racing Yates Racing operates two motorsports teams in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Formerly known as Robert Yates Racing, the team is owned by Doug Yates, who took the reins after his father, Robert Yates, retired at the end of the 2007 season, and partnered with Max Jones; a former road racer and long-time championship General Manager. The 2008 season will mark the 20th year of competition for the Ford team. During those years, the organization had a total of 57 wins, 48 poles, 269 top-five finishes, 427 top-ten finishes, and a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship. Yates Racing will field two Ford Fusions in the 2008 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, with drivers Travis Kvapil and David Gilliland. Sponsorship opportunities are available; please contact Kevin Thomas with Yates Racing at 704-706-2120 or visit www.yatesracing.com.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: