The Motor Sports Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2007, 11:26:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
7226 Posts in 7136 Topics by 90 Members
Latest Member: Rulietta
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Motor Sports Forum
|-+  The Motor Sports Forum
| |-+  Champ Car World Series News
| | |-+  Champ Car World Series PR
| | | |-+  CCWS-Clarke Suspended
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CCWS-Clarke Suspended  (Read 35 times)
Michael F. Hollander
Editor, Racing Information Systems
Administrator
Racing commentor

« on: August 25, 2007, 10:34:13 PM »

Champ Car Suspends Driver Dan Clarke From Champ Car Grand Prix of Belgium

Driver’s Status will be Re-evaluated Before Next Event in Holland

Zolder, Belgium (August 24, 2007) -- Following an incident in this morning’s practice session, Dan Clarke has been barred from participating in this weekend’s Champ Car Grand Prix of Belgium.  Champ Car Race Director Tony Cotman will make a decision one week from today as to Clarke’s status for the Bavaria Beer Champ Car Grand Prix of Holland Presented by Audi, Hertz, Gent and Pioneer.

“This morning’s incident was totally unacceptable and completely avoidable,” said Cotman. “Dan was already on probation after previous incidents in San Jose which helped lead me to my decision today.  After the weekend is complete and I have a time to review the incident without the raw emotion of the moment, I will make a decision as to any further penalties against Clarke.”

‘Speedy’ Dan Clarke is coming off of his career best Champ Car result, finishing second at Road America in the last event.  Clarke has made 24 starts in his Champ Car career, finishing on the podium twice and earning one career pole position.

-30-

Posted by:

Michael F. Hollander, Editor
Racing Information Systems
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: